47 years later: Americans to honor Martin Luther King with racially separate rallies...

Friday, August 27, 2010


Now I know we're not supposed to say this but...

 Tomorrow marks the 47th anniversary of the 1963 March on Washington and Martin Luther King's delivery of the famous "I have a Dream" speech. What does it say about us that we would mark the occasion with dueling events - Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin hosting their "Restoring Honor" rally on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, while the National Action Network, the NAACP and other Civil Rights figures and organizations gather in a DC High School for their "Reclaiming the Dream" rally? One predominantly white - one predominantly black. One conservative - one liberal. One featuring Dr. King's niece - one featuring his son... Each staking its claim to the mantle... Both claiming to be the "real" inheritors of the legacy...

What fucking dream was that?  

You know... "I" now have a dream... I have a dream that my glorious Nunchucks would visit DC tomorrow and kiss all of you gently on the back of your heads; and that then, your sleeping bodies would form a beautiful textured tapistry covering the mall grounds in black and white...

2 comments:

Fulcrcle said...

I was hoping that not only your nunchucks would hit them in the head, I fought with my self on the subway, not to bust their ass in the face with my laptop. Slap their ass with some knowledge!

Count said...

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!!

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP