Don't sleep - Joe Scarborough is Emperor Palpatine

Saturday, September 5, 2009

The way I think, I make it look easy, Can't leave rap alone, the game needs me...

I'm back y'all... I took about a nine month hiatus from blogging; got tired of trying to be witty and relevant and all of that shit... But Maaaan, there is just too much craziness going on right now to keep quiet. I swear, even if nobody ever reads this page, if I don't get some of this stuff out of me I think my head will explode. So now I'm back to do what I do; namely to offer poignant and cogent analysis which I will subsequently spoil with random and unnecessary slang and profanity... and shit.

To the point: I was banging on Buchanan, Beck, and Savage about a year ago... And while they're still asses - doing what they do - they are clearly NOT the fountainhead. The guy we should all be keeping an eye on is none other than Joe Scarborough.

He's nowhere near as acrid or caustic as a Pat Buchanon, nowhere near as paranoid or cynical as the psycho-babbleist Glenn Beck, and nowhere near as socially anachronistic and grotesque as a Mike Savage or Sean Hannity, BUT THAT WHY WE SHOULDN'T SLEEP. There is a clear synchronicity in their messages. The difference is Scarborough takes the time to roll his shit in powdered sugar, but don't be fooled, that is NOT a donut. He expresses precisely the same reflexive opposition and hostility towards Obama and EVERY initiative, plan, and program that he's launched; except Scarborough presents it calmly in the voice of a faux-rationalism that allows him to pass it off as an objective or reasoned criticism.


It's too bad, he's even taken little Mika to the darkside as well... I used to enjoy the interaction between them, with her as a genuinely rational alternative to the usual "I'm-towing-the-partyline-but-pretending-to-be-independent" charade. But that was then...

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP